Dec 18, 2012
Dec 12, 2012
Over 75 supporters had an awesome time sipping wine for St. Lawrence Place!
A wine rep. from Southern Wine & Spirits was on-hand to educate the crowd about the 5 wines we tasted, we had some amazing food including appetizers donated by Southern Way Catering, and some local vendors sold unique gift items–all to help SLP!
Nov 9, 2012
Folks, when I say easy, I mean, seriously easy! Here we go:
1) Swipe a Boostersplus card at Bi-Lo. Do you shop at Bi-Lo? Do you know someone who does? Swipe a Bi-Lo Boostersplus card for St. Lawrence Place next time you’re there, and for the next year 1% of all your purchases will be donated to SLP!
You only have to swipe once, and then the Boostersplus card will be connected to your Bi-Lo Bonus/Fuel perks card until May 31, 2013!
Click here to get the card.
2) Donate a gently used pot or pan. Do you have pots or pans in your kitchen that you never use, or have been meaning to replace anyway? We can use them! When a homeless family moves into an apartment at SLP, they usually only have clothing and personal items with them. We set up an apartment with all the household goods they need, everything right down to kitchen supplies, sheets, and towels. When a family successfully graduates our program and moves into permanent housing, they can take all the household items with them.
We are always in need of pots and pans–won’t you bring us some this week? See our Wish List for all the other household items we need.
You can donate Monday-Friday, 8:30- 5 at 2400 Waites Rd. Cola, SC 29204.
3) Donate paper products. Did you know that SNAP benefits, (Food Stamps), will not pay for paper towels, toilet paper or diapers? Most of the families living at SLP receive these benefits to assist them with purchasing food for their families, but personal hygiene products and paper products are not covered.
We are always in need of paper products to help our families. You can donate Monday-Friday, 8:30-5 at 2400 Waites Rd. Cola, SC 29204.
4) Purchase a Kids in the Kitchen cookbook.
Kids in the Kitchen is a cookbook focusing on kids and recipes that bring families together. Recipes from local restaurants and friends of St. Lawrence Place are included. Cover art was graciously created and donated by local artist and long-time SLP supporter, Roger Hutchison.
Cookbooks are $10 and 100% of the proceeds from this cookbook goes to fund the programs for homeless children and teens at St. Lawrence Place. They make great stocking-stuffers and hostess gifts!!
Contact Becca at email@example.com to purchase a cookbook.
5) Purchase a ticket to Sip for St. Lawrence Place or sign up for the Race for the Place 5K & Kids’ Fun Run. The Sip for St. Lawrence Place wine tasting takes place Thursday, December 6th and tickets are only $15 each or two for $25.
Wine not your thing? Sign up for the Race for the Place 5K scheduled for Saturday, February 9, 2013. You can run it or walk it, and there is a Fun Run for kids too! Proceeds from all of our events go to directly fund the programs for homeless families at St. Lawrence Place.
Thanks for taking the time to support a worthwhile cause and help us move families from homelessness to home during Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week.
Nov 2, 2012